You can take action, and start looking after honeybees in your own backyard. There are many things that we can all do, keeping a hive is one option, but you can also help:
- by planting a range of plants and flowers that will attract and feed the bees;
- Oregano, Sage, Thyme, Borage, Lavenders, and Sunflowers are a great place to start;
- You can also download the Bee Friendly Planting Guide released by the Australian Governments Rural Industries Research & Development Corporation.
- by not using pesticides on your garden;
- by eating organic produce where possible;
- by watching the documentaries
- get involved! You can learn about bees, donate to a current bee initiative, purchase honey from a local supplier, adopt or sponsor a hive in your local area. We can all help these important little pollinators, it's just a matter of finding the best way for you.